[R-sig-Geo] How to download individual layer from MODIS Package using runGdal‏

Waseem Ali w1malik at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:56:01 CET 2015

Hi,I am recently working on downloading modis product called "MOD13Q1" EVI scientific data set starting from 2001 to 2004 time series data. Downloading individual data from lpdaac is daunting task. With a little effort I came across using MODIS R package to download bunch of data in a sequential fashion. The following is my code for single scene:library(MODIS)dates <- as.POSIXct( as.Date(c("01/05/2014"),format = "%d/%m/%Y") )
dates2 <- transDate(dates[1]) # Transform input dates from before
h = "23"v = "05"runGdal(product = "MOD13Q1", begin=dates2$beginDOY,end = dates2$endDOY,tileH = h,tileV = v)My question is that Is that possible i can add layer information despite to fully download hdf (including 12 layers). I just need 2 layers that will reduce my time to download full product.Waseem Ali