[R-sig-Geo] issues with NAs when using resample function

Stephen Stewart stephen.stewart85 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 02:42:16 CET 2015

Hi Beth,

In the past, I have interpolated coastal and border regions in the original
coarse resolution prior to resampling. This can be done relatively easily
using the *gstat* package, QGIS and/or GDAL/SAGA/GRASS.

Once the coarse resolution data has been interpolated, run bilinear
interpolation and then apply a mask so that ocean areas are excluded.

Depending upon the variable I would use bilinear interpolation with
caution. It may be worth investigating any potential downscaling approaches
if you haven't already.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Steve