[R-sig-Geo] random number generation

leila zamani leila.zamani90 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 09:07:36 CET 2015

Hi every one,

I'm new to R. I read about R and search all the packages but I couldn't
find the package that I want. I want to generate 2D (matrices) random
numbers that have correlation between them. One of my friends said that R
has a function in geor like rand...(spherical (correlation
coefficient=0.5)), but I read all packages with geo,like
geor,geoRlgm,georob and etc, but I didn't find this! Consider this
situation: we have a big square. We split it to smaller squares. Each
square points values change independently from other squares, but in each
square,values change proper to each other with a coefficient. For example a
point in a square number 1 increase 1 unit, the point near to this will
change too,but properly to the coefficient. So we give the coefficients of
all small squares and the function give me back the random numbers in each
square, that these numbers in each square are correlated with this
coefficient. My search is on process variation & I need random numbers.
Others told me that it's in geoR, but I can't find the function with these
features. Can you help me? Many Thanks.