[R-sig-Geo] spplot graphics problem

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 21:37:55 CET 2015

All:

I was previously able to do the kind of thing I will illustrate below on an
Intel based RedHat Linux system a few years ago. The simple task is to use
GRASS GIS with R, reading both raster and vector data into R through
rgrass7 (previously with spgrass6). Using spplot, display the raster and
overlay the vector polygon (a river basin boundary) for reference. As I
said, I have previously done this with success. However, now overlaying the
vector polygon fails, both with my own data and with the following example:
http://rspatial.r-forge.r-project.org/gallery/ -- see the example for
fig07.RThe raster data draws, but I get the following...

> spplot(zn, c("a", "b", "c", "d"),
+ names.attr = c("ordinary kriging", "universal kriging with dist to
river",
+ "stratified kriging with flood freq", "inverse distance"),
+ as.table = TRUE, main = "log-zinc interpolation",
+ sp.layout = list(rv, scale, text1, text2))

Warning messages:
1: In grid.Call.graphics(L_path, x$x, x$y, index, switch(x$rule, winding =
1L,  :
  Path drawing not available for this device
2: In grid.Call.graphics(L_path, x$x, x$y, index, switch(x$rule, winding =
1L,  :
  Path drawing not available for this device
3: In grid.Call.graphics(L_path, x$x, x$y, index, switch(x$rule, winding =
1L,  :
  Path drawing not available for this device
4: In grid.Call.graphics(L_path, x$x, x$y, index, switch(x$rule, winding =
1L,  :
  Path drawing not available for this device

I am using Ubuntu 15.10 and R 3.2.2. I have searched the web for others
having this problem to no avail...

Thank you for your help.

Best,
Tom