[R-sig-Geo] Problem in reading .grd file using raster package

Soumen Dey kushhh4u at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 04:11:34 CET 2015

Hi all,

I have a .grd file on rainfall data (sharing the file link below). It
is a Geosoft
grid format file. The following error I encountered when I tried to read
that using 'raster' package.

> require(raster)

> x<-raster("rf_1984.grd") Error in .local(.Object, ...) : `C:\Users\Soumen
Dey\Desktop\rf_1984.grd' not recognised as a supported file format. Error
in .rasterObjectFromFile(x, band = band, objecttype = "RasterLayer", :
Cannot create a RasterLayer object from this file.

Can anybody can give any suggestions regarding this and help me reading
this file ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Mnscd1GGfkd2JkNzk4ODE0ZEE/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for your time.

Soumen