[R-sig-Geo] slope map and intercept map

D G. Rossiter dgr2 at cornell.edu
Sun May 31 16:59:16 CEST 2015

John, re: your request "Hello guys, Could somebody help with an Idea on how I can generate a slope map and intercept map from a raster stack time series in R. Thanks”

It would help a lot if you would do some work yourself first and then write the list with your ideas and what is confusing or blocking you, with a minimal example. We can’t even tell why you need a “slope and intercept”. Are you looking for a trend? Do you want the trend per-pixel or within some neighbourhood? What is the application? What R packages are you using and what is the data structure? And most importantly, what did you try, what happened, why was that not satsifactory?

I have a somewhat similar comment to “decrease sampling rate of GPS track” from Erdal Karaca. Did you make any attempt yourself? If so, what and why was it not satisfactory?

D G (David) Rossiter
Adjunct Associate Professor
Section of Soil & Crop Sciences
Cornell University