[R-sig-Geo] Recovering GWR Predicted Values from GGWR function

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed May 20 20:27:46 CEST 2015

On Wed, 20 May 2015, Brown, Jason wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm estimating a Poisson GWR using the ggwr function.  I would like to
> recover the predicted values implied by the gwr model.  However, thus
> far I've only been able to recover the fitted values from the global
> model using $lm$fitted.values.  These obviously are the same values I
> get from a standard Poisson model. Is it possible to get the gwr
> predicted values instead?

No, they are not provided. They would only be available if the data points
and the fit points were identical, or if newdata was available (and was
admitted by the function, which it is not). The aim of spgwr has always
been to explore the weaknesses of GWR as a technique, not to help people
use it, so no provision for GLM-GWR predictions is likely to be
forthcoming here (there are no coefficient standard errors either).

Hope this clarifies,

Roger