[R-sig-Geo] Issue with ogrInfo

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon May 11 13:42:09 CEST 2015

On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 11:52 AM, Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand at nhh.no> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 May 2015, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
>
>> If you go far enough into the file (which appears to be without line
>> breaks, so somewhere on line 1... You'll see:
>>
>> "arcs":[[[7533,1255],[-1,8],[0,4],[2,3],[-1,8],[2,2],[-2,2],[-1,0],[-1,1] .....
>>
>> which I think is the geometry (arcs have a start point and then x-y deltas).
>
> Support for geometries like these may be coming to OGR, I think curves
> were also discussed. Using the converter here seems the best way forward.

Following the info from the original source of this file I see someone
has already done the conversion for us:

https://github.com/martinjc/UK-GeoJSON

contains admin boundaries for various UK electoral regions, as plain
geojson and topojson.

Sadly none of this affects the outcome of the election :(

Barry