[R-sig-Geo] Proj4string for NASA GPW v3 and Blue Marble world city light map?

Shaun Walbridge SWalbridge at esri.com
Thu May 7 17:11:54 CEST 2015

The specific projection information is contained within the raster
datasets you download, in the related ASCII, Bil or GRID file. The
metadata you see on that page is just a human readable representation of
the data coverage, not intended to directly map to the full spatial
reference.

--
Shaun Walbridge
GIS Developer