[R-sig-Geo] Question about inhomogeneous k-functions

eugeneby eugeneby at alumni.upenn.edu
Tue May 5 23:13:24 CEST 2015

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful reply!
If I may, a couple follow up questions:
1. Instead of the rpoispp(x.im2), should I use
rpoint(260,x.im2,win=BoundaryPolygonsOW) to generate random point patterns
which contain the same number of points as in the original pattern (i.e.,
260)? Because the rpoispp command generates a ridiculously large number of
points and it doesn't seem that there's a simple way to indicate the number
of points that should be generated.
2. Should I then manually simply use the Kest command to calculate the
k-function for each of the, say, 99 simulations and compare my original
pattern with the min and max of these k-functions at different distances? Or
is there code which does that automatically? E.g.,
Envelopes <- spatstat::envelope(pp, Kinhom, lambda=x.im2, nsim=99,
correction="Ripley")?
(where pp is my original point pattern).
Thanks so much!
All the best,
~Eugene