[R-sig-Geo] Question about inhomogeneous k-functions

eugeneby eugeneby at alumni.upenn.edu
Tue May 5 19:37:50 CEST 2015

Good afternoon everyone! I'm new to this forum and was hoping to get some
clarity about running k-function analysis in R.

I would like to see whether hospitals in a certain state are clustered,
dispersed or randomly distributed. I could just use the regular Ripley's
k-function analysis to examine the spatial distribution of the hospitals and
simulate confidence envelopes using the envelope command.

However, it won't be surprising to find that hospitals are clustered, as
more will be located in areas where the population (or population density)
is higher. So my question is whether there any way for R to take into
consideration a raster file showing the different population densities in
various parts of my study region when simulating confidence envelopes? Is
this what the Kinhom function does? And if so, how do I get it to read my
raster file?

Thank you!