[R-sig-Geo] Delimit a polygon for the region which is>, 1000 m from my raster altitude

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Sat May 2 21:35:51 CEST 2015

" it has not recognized as a polygon!!! I don't know why? "

That is not true:

> class(pol3)
[1] "SpatialPolygons"
attr(,"package")
[1] "sp"

It is not a 'SpatialPolygonsDataFrame'

You can write it with:

shapefile(pol3, "polygon3.shp")

or use the SpatialPolygons object to create a SpatialPolygonsDataFrame
and then use writeOGR (that is what the shapefile function does for
you).

Robert