[R-sig-Geo] Likfit: Lambda values (Box-Cox's function)

Jimmy Neutrón jimmyjmv at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:08:51 CET 2015

Dear comRades:I'm working with the variogram "mattern". Then, I tried to run this function many times to achieve the best parameters for my geodata function (XXSelg) by means of likfit, then I wrote:likfit(XXSelg, cov.model="matern", ini.cov.pars=c(4.0, 1.8), kappa=3.5, fix.kappa=FALSE, nugget=0.8, lambda=0.01, fix.lambda=FALSE, hessian=TRUE)however, many times I received the following answer:likfit: end of numerical maximisation.Error en optim(par = 1, fn = .negloglik.boxcox, method = "L-BFGS-B", lower = limits$lambda["lower"],  : L-BFGS-B needs finite values of 'fn'
Does 'lower = limits$lambda["lower"]' mean that I need lowed lambda values to achieve the best parameter?. I am even trying with negative values.
Thanks in advance for you help.