[R-sig-Geo] Spatial interpolation for air pollution data

Clint Bowman clint at ecy.wa.gov
Mon Mar 9 18:01:58 CET 2015

Pankaj,

Although geospatial techniques should work in the eastern portions of
North Carolina, I'd doubt they should be applied in the more mountanous
western portion.  We've used the algorithm in EPA's BenMAP program to fuse
available CMAQ forecasts with available monitoring to produce a gridded
map of background concentrations.

<http://lar.wsu.edu/nw-airquest/lookup.html>

Clint

Clint Bowman			INTERNET:	clint at ecy.wa.gov
Air Quality Modeler		INTERNET:	clint at math.utah.edu
Department of Ecology		VOICE:		(360) 407-6815
PO Box 47600			FAX:		(360) 407-7534
Olympia, WA 98504-7600

         USPS:           PO Box 47600, Olympia, WA 98504-7600
         Parcels:        300 Desmond Drive, Lacey, WA 98503-1274