[R-sig-Geo] still having problems installing rgdal on osx mavericks

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Wed Mar 4 20:10:49 CET 2015

You didn't say how you installed GDAL, nor did you show any error
messages, so it is difficult to say much. My guess would be that you have
some version incompatibility.

It is not the only way, but over the years, I have had success using
  http://www.kyngchaos.com/software/frameworks
and there is an rgdal there (and I do have a working rgdal on Mavericks).

-Don

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory