[R-sig-Geo] lollipop plot via plotKML

Beaulieu, Jake Beaulieu.Jake at epa.gov
Sat Jun 6 03:38:20 CEST 2015

Hello,
I would like make a lollipop plot displaying soil characteristics using plotKML, similar to Fig.3 in Hengl's 2015 plotKML paper in JSS.

I'm using the eberg dataset in the plotKML package as a demo.  All points need to be plotted the same size and the image must include line segments joining the points to their projection on the xy plane.  Here is my progress so far.

> plotKML(eberg["CLYMHT_A"], colour_scale=rep("#FFFF00", 2), points_names="", size=1, altitude = CLYMHT_A)
Error in `[.data.frame`(obj at data, , deparse(size)) :
  undefined columns selected

I'm having issues with both the size and altitude arguments.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jake J Beaulieu, PhD
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Research and Development
National Risk Management Research Laboratory
Water Supply and Water Resources Division
Urban Waters Management Branch
26 W MLK Dr.
MS 698
Cincinnati, OH 45268