[R-sig-Geo] plot (wrld_simpl)

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Jun 4 22:17:30 CEST 2015

On Thu, 4 Jun 2015, Xing,Yanru wrote:

> When I used the following code to plot the world country boundary and
> found out that there is no boundary between South Sudan and North Sudan.
> Any one know how to solve that?

library(maptools) # by the way - always state packages used
> data(wrld_simpl)
> plot(wrld_simpl,add=TRUE)

The dataset in maptools is kept the way it was in 2007. For an
alternative, see:

library(rworldmap)
data(countriesLow)
plot(countriesLow)

and the vignette in the rworldmap for metadata. See also the cshapes
package for boundaries tracking changes over time.

Hope this helps,