[R-sig-Geo] Request about creating spatial weight matrix

Hermann Pythagore DONFOUET donfouetz at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 3 23:26:11 CEST 2015

Dear R experts,

I'm contacting about creating a spatial weight matrix in R software which takes the value one if households belong to the same village and zero otherwise. I do have six villages and 369 households scattered in those villages. The intuition is that households belonging to the same village will behave the same. Thus, my spatial weight matrix of 369x369 will be like a social network matrix taking the value one if households belong to the same village and otherwise. I also want to standardise this spatial weight matrix.

Regards

Hermann , post-doc fellow in INRA, France