[R-sig-Geo] Overlapping a grid shapefile with a NUTS3 shapefile to determine one average value for each NUTS3 region

Janka Vanschoenwinkel janka.vanschoenwinkel at uhasselt.be
Thu Jul 23 10:16:42 CEST 2015

Thank you very much Linus!

This would solve my problem of having point coordinates and the grid cells
would be filled.

However, with the raster package, can I read in an empty grid shapefile and
then add the values per grid through a text file? Because that was my first
problem: adding values from a text file to a grid based on longitude and
latitude centroids of each grid.

Thanks in advance!

Janka

> Sorry,
>
> the right command is "exctract", of course.
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
>

> Linus Holtermann
> Hamburgisches WeltWirtschaftsInstitut gemeinnützige GmbH (HWWI)
> Heimhuder Straße 71
> 20148 Hamburg
> Tel +49-(0)40-340576-336
> Fax+49-(0)40-340576-776
> Internet: www.hwwi.org
> Email: holtermann at hwwi.org
>
> Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 94303
> Geschäftsführer: PD Dr. Christian Growitsch | Prof. Dr. Henning Vöpel
> Prokura: Dipl. Kauffrau Alexis Malchin
> Umsatzsteuer-ID: DE 241849425

[image: Logo UHasselt]Mevrouw Janka Vanschoenwinkel
*Doctoraatsbursaal - PhD *
Milieueconomie - Environmental economics

T +32(0)11 26 87 42 | GSM +32(0)476 28 21 40

www.uhasselt.be/eec

Universiteit Hasselt | Campus Diepenbeek
Agoralaan Gebouw D | B-3590 Diepenbeek
Kantoor F11

Postadres: Universiteit Hasselt | Martelarenlaan 42 | B-3500 Hasselt