[R-sig-Geo] gUnaryUnion does not work on my SpatialPolygonsDataFrame?

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Wed Jul 8 21:49:55 CEST 2015

Hi Ulrike, does

require(sp)
a = aggregate(BW_EU, list(BW_EU$BRFW), dissolve = TRUE)

plot(BW_EU, border = 'grey')
plot(a, add = TRUE)

give what you want? I believe that none of the rgeos functions (can) do
anything with polygon attributes, such as BRFW.

Best regards,

--
Edzer Pebesma
Institute for Geoinformatics (ifgi),  University of Münster,