[R-sig-Geo] Adding (custom) tags to a geotif

Matteo Mattiuzzi matteo.mattiuzzi at boku.ac.at
Wed Jul 1 12:28:46 CEST 2015

Dear list,

I would like to add some meta information to a tif file. As my tif file can created by one or more source files depending on its location, I need to safe this information inside my tif.

Precisely I need to add if the specific file _could_ be created by one or two files (names of them) and then a second tag with the information of _effectively_ used source files for the creation of this file.

Similar to the INPUTFILENAME tag in a composite eos-hdf:
gdalinfo on a MOD13Q1:
INPUTFILENAME=MOD09GQK.A2006129.h17v07.005.2008318081508.hdf, MOD09GQK.A2006130.h17v07.005.2008318122057.hdf.....

It does not necessary has to be a R solution, can also be something executed from within R (gdal, libtiff...)

(I work on a Linux system and I need it there, but portability is always preferable!)

Thanks,
Matteo