[R-sig-Geo] Error installing 'rgdal' on Centos 7

Esa Östring esa.ostring at infotripla.fi
Fri Jan 30 07:57:47 CET 2015

Hello,

And I'm sorry for the delay in answering.

In CentOS 7, try using "epel" -repo, there is an essential part of tools
in that repo.

You can find gdal and gdal-devel rpm's there, and they are relatively
recent versions also.

I'm not sure, but you would probably need/want to install geos-devel and
proj-epsg also.

----8<----
[root at localhost R]# repoquery -i gdal-devel

Name        : gdal-devel
Version     : 1.11.0
Release     : 2.el7
Architecture: x86_64
Size        : 681767
Packager    : Fedora Project
Group       : Development/Libraries
URL         : http://www.gdal.org
Repository  : epel
Summary     : Development files for the GDAL file format library
Source      : gdal-1.11.0-2.el7.src.rpm
Description :
This package contains development files for GDAL.

[root at localhost R]# repoquery -l gdal-devel | grep config
/usr/bin/gdal-config
/usr/bin/gdal-config-64
/usr/include/gdal/cpl_config-64.h
/usr/include/gdal/cpl_config.h
/usr/include/gdal/cpl_config_extras.h
/usr/lib64/pkgconfig/gdal.pc
/usr/share/man/man1/gdal-config.1.gz

br,

Esa Östring, SW Architect / Data scientist
Infotripla Oy, Finland