[R-sig-Geo] Advice on GRASS version for R

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Jan 28 09:15:19 CET 2015

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015, PONS Frederic - CEREMA/DTerMed/DREC/SRILH wrote:

> Thank you for your advice, I send an e-mail to a french grass list.

That is no use. Use grass-stats if you need help with the R-GRASS
interface, the developers do not read other channels regularly.

> The best solution seems for me to work with future version

Work with forthcoming (soon to be stable) GRASS 7, not with the
development version.

> But I cannot install spgrass 7 or spgrass on windows 7 in R version 3.1.2 :

So download:

http://download.r-forge.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/latest/spgrass7_0.1-0.zip

and install from local zip file (untried). None of the developers uses
Windows, so this isn't a priority. Alternatively, install R-tools foe
Windows and then install the source package.

Roger