[R-sig-Geo] Advice on GRASS version for R

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Tue Jan 27 21:48:53 CET 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, PONS Frederic - CEREMA/DTerMed/DREC/SRILH wrote:
>
>>  Do you know what is the future standard of GRASS to script for the future
>>  version.

There is ongoing discussion on the grass-stats list:

The GRASS 7.0 RC1 is where many parameter names have been changed. The
changes are quite large, so the current R spgrass6 package will only
handle GRASS 6 up to GRASS 7.0 beta, while the new spgrass7 (in the
spgrass project on R-Forge) is being matched to changes in GRASS 7.0 RC*.
See:

install.packages("spgrass7", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

This is thanks to input and work by Rainer Krug and Markus Neteler. RC2
should be out soon too. spgrass6 will shift to maintenance mode only
shortly after GRASS 7.0 is released, but will stay available.

The parameter name changes are on:

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures#Optionschanges

We have not checked against GRASS trunk. I think that your adaptation
might match the regular 7.* series rather than the development trunk, but
I agree with Rich that it would be worth asking on the GRASS users or
developers list.

Roger