[R-sig-Geo] gIntersection - Input geom 0 is invalid

Milan Cisty milan.cisty at stuba.sk
Sat Jan 24 20:22:10 CET 2015

Dear list members.
I tried intersection of two SpatialPolygonsDataFrames and I get following
error:
 > podnyDruh=gIntersection(textura, zavlahaJTSK)
Error in RGEOSBinTopoFunc(spgeom1, spgeom2, byid, id, drop_not_poly,
"rgeos_intersection") :
  TopologyException: Input geom 0 is invalid: Self-intersection at or near
point -536834.52051807998 -1210383.10809479 at -536834.52051807998
-1210383.10809479
I believe, that there is refered error in data (in geom 0), but I would like to
ask if there is not possible some workaround this (I want to do more
intersections). When I made shp files it was possible to accomplish
intersection in ArcGIS, so maybe there is some trick how to accomplish it also
in R. Referred error in geom 0 is not in area of my interest.
I am not sending data because I do not think its necessary, but I can if it
could help.
Thanks,
Milan