[R-sig-Geo] New version of adehabitatLT and adehabitatHR

Bron Hradsky bhradsky at student.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Jan 23 07:15:25 CET 2015

Why does redisltraj (type = "time") in adehabitatLT (version 0.3.16) remove
the last location from each burst when rediscretising?  I noticed this with
my data and also in the example provided in the help file.

I would like to rediscretise within specific bursts and then bind the bursts
back together, so I don't want to lose the final location from each burst.
Is there some way of preventing this from occurring?

e.g. I have fixes at 30 min intervals with some fixes missing.  For one
burst, the final fix was successful and occurred at  2014-05-17 17:00:00.  I
rediscretise using

> vulpes.added <- redisltraj(vulpes.chop, 1800, type = "time")

which works well in terms of interpolating the missing fixes.  However, the
final fix for the burst is now 2014-05-17 16:30:00

Many thanks,
Bronwyn Hradsky
University of Melbourne