[R-sig-Geo] rasterQuad 4d object

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 10:18:51 CET 2015

It is a sismic study: a 3d array of velocity of P waves.
I think that calcualting the 3d gradient is possible in R for small 3d arrays,
but even moderate sizes would require an extension of the current raster brick.
There might be specific tools outside R (i.e. in python), but do not
know for sure.
I've seen this package that might help:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/geotopbricks/
Expert opinion on this or any other alternative tool would be appreciated,
Thanks
Agus