[R-sig-Geo] pixel-wsie correlation between raster stack and numeric vector?

Robert J. Hijmans r.hijmans at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 05:32:21 CET 2015

MIke, I think you can use the 'calc' function for that:

library(raster)
# example data
set.seed(0)
s <- stack(system.file("external/rlogo.grd", package="raster"))
s <- stack(s, s[[1]]*runif(ncell(s)), s[[2]]*runif(ncell(s))/10,
s[[3]]*runif(ncell(s))+10)

# example vector
v <- 1:6

x <- calc(s, fun=function(x) cor(x, v))