[R-sig-Geo] Modeling SAR Origin-Destination flows with R?

Guido Schulz gosz at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 19:41:48 CET 2015

Hi there,

I would like to model SAR Origin-Destination (migration) flows using the
model specification proposed by LeSage & Pace
(http://www4.fe.uc.pt/spatial/doc/lecture7.pdf, page8, equation [10]):

y = rho1*W_o*y + rho2*W_d*y + rho3*W_w*y + alpha*iota + X_d*beta_d +
X_o*beta_o + D*gamma + epsilon

Where "o" stands for origin and "d" for destination.

What is crucial about the model is, that we have the spatially lagged
lagged predictors of the origin AND the destination in the SAR equation.
Do you have any ideas how to implement such a model in R?

Is there a way to specify a spdep::lagsarlm in that way or should I use
a different package/function? As far as I can see there spdep::lagsarlm
allows only for ONE "listw".

Best & thx,

Guido