[R-sig-Geo] Quadrat Variance Analyses in R?

Stachelek, Joseph jstachel at sfwmd.gov
Mon Feb 2 17:09:21 CET 2015

I use passage (http://www.passagesoftware.net/) to do quadrat analysis. It accepts command line input so I wrote a shell script that can be called from and return results to R.

-----Original Message-----
From: R-sig-Geo [mailto:r-sig-geo-bounces at r-project.org] On Behalf Of Michael Treglia
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 10:31 AM
To: r-sig-geo at r-project.org
Subject: [R-sig-Geo] Quadrat Variance Analyses in R?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody has suggestions for packages with-which to do
quadrat-based contiguous units analysis (e.g., paired quadrat variance,
two-term local quadrat variance, etc).

Or would these analyses involve writing my own functions, probably based on
quadrat functions in spatstat?

(I've searched around the web a bunch, but haven't really found anything
about carrying out such analyses in R).

Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!
Mike