[R-sig-Geo] Discrete choice spatial durbin or spatial general model

Mueller,Drew Drew.Mueller at colostate.edu
Sat Aug 1 09:26:43 CEST 2015

I would like to know if it is possible to estimate either the spatial durbin or general spatial model within spdep or sphet (or another package) for discrete choice dependent variables.  I have attempted to pass

family = binomial(link = "probit")

to spdep, hoping that spdep uses the glm()function and accepts "..." arguments, but get an "unused argument" error.  If it is not possible in spdep, is there another package that is able to estimate a model with both autocorrelation and heteroskedasticity for binomial or multinomial discrete responses?  I have successfully estimated the SAR and SEM using packages McSpatial and spatialprobit, but wanted to know if it is currently possible to estimate a model that includes both types of spatial effects for discrete responses.   I suspect that both spatial effects are present in my transportation mode-built environment model.

Thanks for your help,
Drew