[R-sig-Geo] plotKML RasterTimeSeries for large area

Tomislav Hengl hengl at spatial-analyst.net
Tue Apr 21 19:22:02 CEST 2015

RE "Does plotKML support Region and level of detail?" Yes. Please try:

http://plotkml.r-forge.r-project.org/plotKML.GDALobj.html

To install plotKML v0.5-1 please refer to:

http://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=1106

This is an example of large raster (30 million pixels) plotted using the
plotKML.GDALobj function: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Curr3LdF274