[R-sig-Geo] Spatial sampling design using information more than spatial coordinates [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Jin.Li at ga.gov.au Jin.Li at ga.gov.au
Thu Apr 2 06:00:11 CEST 2015

Hi All,

I need to consider both spatial information and another variable (e.g. elevation, soil type) in a sampling design. It seems the available libraries (e.g. sp and spcosa) in R for spatial sampling design are unable to handle it. Please correct me if I am wrong. Before I start to develop my own function for it, I would like to confirm if I have missed some other functions that are available for it in R.  Any suggestions and advice? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jin

Jin Li, PhD
Spatial Modeller/Computational Statistician  |  National Earth and Marine Observations Group
Environmental Geoscience Division  |  GEOSCIENCE AUSTRALIA
Phone:  +61 2 6249 9899    Fax:  +61 2 6249 9999
Email:  Jin.Li at ga.gov.au<mailto:Jin.Li at ga.gov.au>    Web:  www.ga.gov.au<http://www.ga.gov.au/>
Cnr Jerrabomberra Avenue and Hindmarsh Drive Symonston ACT
GPO Box 378 Canberra ACT 2601 Australia