[R-sig-Geo] modify legend on levelplot

Tyler Frazier tyler.j.frazier at icloud.com
Wed Sep 17 22:01:04 CEST 2014

Hello,

I would like to modify my legend on a rasterVis levelplot() but can’t figure it out.

I use

p <- levelplot(x_rat, main = “title", margin = FALSE, xlab = NULL, ylab = NULL, auto.key=list(space="top", columns=3), col.regions=c(‘gray','darkgreen','tomato4','yellow','purple','blue','azure2','orange','hotpink','peachpuff','salmon2'))
p + layer(sp.lines(borders, lwd=1.2, col='gray60'))

with the idea that the auto.key command will center the legend at the top of the plot, three items at a time (3 per column, 4 rows with the last row having 2).

I would also like to locate the legend inside the borders over part of the main plot area where the map is less informative (with an opaque white background inside the legend box).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Tyler
Tyler Frazier