[R-sig-Geo] krigeST question (yet again!)

Edzer Pebesma edzer.pebesma at uni-muenster.de
Mon Sep 15 21:11:05 CEST 2014

Erin, gstat::krigeST does not have the conception of a data extent
outside of which interpolation is prohibited. With data from Texas, you
can interpolate to Antarctica. Likewise, you can make predictions for
the next century. The software only translates the model assumptions
into predictions. It is you who needs to decide to (for) what extent
these assumptions make sense.