[R-sig-Geo] Search radius for spatial interpolation over different years

Moshood Agba Bakare bakare at ualberta.ca
Thu Sep 11 21:36:25 CEST 2014

Dear All,

4-year yield monitor data from a field has a practical range of 39.6, 99.6,
47.7, and 59.4 meters in year 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011 respectively.
Their spatial pattern is best described with exponential variogram model. I
intend to assess the stability of the spatial pattern over the four years.
I created a common interpolation grid where the interpolated values will be
obtained through ordinary kriging and inverse distance weighting method.

I am a little bit worry on which of the practical ranges to be used as my
search radius (maxdist of krige) . I am thinking of using the same search
radius for each year in order not to be biased in comparing their
interpolated values. Or should I use their respective practical range since
it varies from one year to the other. Please advise me.

Thank you all.