[R-sig-Geo] Automate the extraction of climate variable at different time depths from netcdf in r

Kristin nessnjor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:57:19 CEST 2014

Hello
I´m having similar problem, do not seem to find obvious solution on the net.

I have a raster brick of 464 layers, each layer representing time defined as
number from 1 to 464.
The number is stored here:
rasterbrick at z$days

and has values from 1 to 464

Then I have 2800 space time locations of field data sampling. These are both
irregular sampling locations and some irregular sampling dates at same
sampling locations. Dates are also defined as numbers from 1 to 464. Each
individual point is then identified by lat and lon at different times.
This is what my dataframe looks like:

Lat, Lon, days
64   -21    23
63   -19    52
63   -19    53
66   -25    23

So what I want to do is to extract values from the raster brick at a certain
location, but only where the date numbers from both the raster brick and the
locations match, but not for all times for all locations as the extract from
raster brick does.

atb,
Kristin