[R-sig-Geo] Collinearity test domain

Maurizio Marchi mauriziomarchi85 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 16:40:31 CEST 2014

Hallo everybody,
I have a question about Ecological Niche Modelling / Species Distribution
Modelling.

If I want to study the distribution of a species in present and future
time, to remove redundancy and collinearity between predictors should I
test predictors' correlation/covariance/collinearity using a database
including only presence/absence available points or should I have to use
the whole region I'm studing (e.g. the whole Europe?)

as example:
Presence points: Forest national inventory surveys classified as "pinus
nigra stands"
Absence/Pseudo absence points: Forest national inventory surveys NOT
classified as "pinus nigra stands"
Study region: Italy

many thanks,
Maurizio