[R-sig-Geo] Kest (spatstat) and "r" values

Marcelino de la Cruz marcelino.delacruz at upm.es
Wed Oct 22 21:59:28 CEST 2014

Maybe the information related to r you are looking for is in the Warning
section:

"Warnings

The estimator of K(r) is approximately unbiased for each fixed r. Bias
increases with r and depends on the window geometry. For a rectangular
window it is prudent to restrict the r values to a maximum of 1/4 of the
smaller side length of the rectangle".

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that  Kest computest K(r) by default for r
up to 1/4 of the shorter side of the *enclosing rectangle* of your window.

HTH,

Marcelino