[R-sig-Geo] weird ncdf4 output 9.969210e+36

Jianhua Huang jh.eco.cas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:40:00 CEST 2014

Hi All:

I am trying to create a 3 dimensional (200*200*8760) netCdf file using the
ncdf4 package. Everything goes fine, except some unexpected outputs. Here is
tail of the result in one grid cell. I cbind the original values and the
output read from the nc file.

        Original   ncdf4

[8755,] 70.47247 7.047247e+01

[8756,] 47.10336 4.710336e+01

[8757,] 38.70509 3.870509e+01

[8758,] 32.86281 3.286281e+01

[8759,] 21.90854 9.969210e+36

[8760,] 10.95427 9.969210e+36

Most ncdf4 data matches with the original data, except the last two values.
There are extremely large values: 9.969210e+36

I have no idea where these huge values come from, and can't figure out where
is wrong at all.

Any one met the same problem before? Thanks for any suggestion, and I really
appreciate any help.

Thanks

Jianhua