[R-sig-Geo] projecting shape files, in R?

Maurizio Marchi mauriziomarchi85 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 20:55:21 CEST 2014

Hi Alessandra,
As suggested by other persone before me, it is not easy to recognize the
projection but it is possible. My suggestion in to use a GIS software (such
as QGIS or ArcGIS) to interact with the shapefile, compareing your file
with other known projection and, in the end, to save it (again) as a NEW
file with the .prj
In my experience, European data are usually projected in WGS84 reference
system and coordinates are latitude and longitude.
If you want I can try it for you if your data is not too big and it can be
sent attached to an email.

Bests,
Maurizio

--