[R-sig-Geo] Question on histograms from Raster and RasterVIS packages

Nuno Sá nunocesardesa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:39:28 CET 2014

Hello!

Mr. Pascal, thank you, your suggestion works quite well.

First, I was having error calculating the median using the cellStats
because I was using brackets ("median" as opposed to median) and the error
message mislead me to think it was not implemented (which obviously I
obviously found very strange but moved quickly onwards after Thomas Adams
suggestion).

(This was the error)
Error in .local(x, stat, ...) :
  invalid 'stat'. Should be sum, min, max, sd, mean, or 'countNA'

The + operator worked 100% as you've said. So great feedback, thank you soo
much.I am now free to make some more beautiful looking plots hehe

Mr. Hijmanns, I did read the package help but failed to find a mention that
it was not limited to a maximum of 1000000, so my mistake there. It works
perfectly as you've said as well, so thank you so much for the feedback.

As usual, "computers are always right and the user was the error". Good
thing we have these forums and such a quick access to much better users.

Since I have your attention Mr. Hijmanns I ask a quick extra question - in
the cellStats you mention that it will fail "gracefully" for very large
rasters (not my case here since it gracefully succeeded), do you know what
is the limit of cells for that failure?

Once again, thank you all for the help!
Best of luck on everything for all!

Nuno