[R-sig-Geo] shifting points in plot window

mkborregaard mkborregaard at snm.ku.dk
Mon Nov 17 11:45:43 CET 2014

When I plot a raster image (package raster) and then plot points on top (type
SpatialPoints, package sp) everything aligns well. But if then resize the
window, the alignment disappears, and the points move around. Can I avoid
this behavior? The points and the raster are both defined as lat/long data.
proj4string is "+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +towgs84=0,0,0,0,0,0,0 +no_defs"
for both.

I am sorry for posting a very simple question that I should be able to find
the resolution of, but I have not been able to find this.