[R-sig-Geo] Smooth.ppp problem

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Nov 6 22:35:50 CET 2014

On 07/11/14 00:40, Alessandra Carioli wrote:
> Dear all,
 >
> I am using the package spatstat and trying to smooth a pointpattern.
> When I try to smooth my data.ppp I keep receiving this message:
>
> Error in Ops.data.frame(marx, yhat) : - only defined for
> equally-sized data frames
>
> I don’t really get it… I don’t have any “rejects”.
>
> shape.owin<-as(shape.shp,”owin”)
> pts <- coordinates(shape.shp)
> p <- ppp(pts[,1],pts[,2],window=spain.owin,marks=DF)
>
> any ideas?

No.  Not without more information.  There is probably something wrong
with the marks that you have attached to your point pattern, i.e. "DF"
--- you don't say anything about the marks, and they are central to the
smoothing idea; Smooth.ppp() smooths the *marks*.

If you actually expect to get useful advice you need to provide a (small
--- small as possible) ***reproducible*** example.  As fortune number
182 says: "R is lacking a mind_read() function!"

cheers,

Rolf Turner

P. S.  What have "rejects" got to do with anything in this context?

R. T.

--
Rolf Turner
Technical Editor ANZJS