[R-sig-Geo] Spatio temporal Kriging

Tomislav Hengl hengl at spatial-analyst.net
Wed May 14 12:20:46 CEST 2014

Technically speaking it is OK to predict in future (prepare a stfdfObj
object with spacetime coordinates in future, then run krigeST), but I
would assume that the prediction variance will be large (well this
depends on your variogram / temporal nugget and temporal range of
spatial autocorrelation). Consider for example the prediction models for
weather in the Netherlands:
http://www.knmi.nl/waarschuwingen_en_verwachtingen/ensemble.html
As you get further from the measurement horizon, the confidence limits
become wider and wider.

Also, I do not know how much is krigeST applicable to non-Gaussian data.

PS: Sending more focused questions that refer to some specific line in
the code / or specific topic of broad interest are usually more
efficient on R-sig-geo (see: "Do your homework before posting" in
http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html).

T. (Tom) Hengl
Network: http://profiles.google.com/tom.hengl
Publications: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=2oYU7S8AAAAJ