[R-sig-Geo] Error in clusterR

Srinivas V srinivasv at feralindia.org
Tue May 13 12:11:43 CEST 2014

Hi,

I wrote a code which uses clusterR to run a function on multiple CPUs to
process MODIS 16 day dataset. The function converts a brick to
dataframe. The existing commands to do this in package raster is very
slow on large datasets, therefore I'm attempting to use the multicore
option to speed up the process.

I get the following error
Error in clusterR(n1, qckextract) : cluster error

I would appreciate your advice on to fix the function. Thanks!

library(raster)

n1<-brick("ndvih25v08masked.grd")

beginCluster(nice=20)
nodes <- length(getCluster())
bs <- blockSize(n1, minblocks=nodes*4)

qckextract <- function(i) {
   for (i in 1:length(bs$n)) {
     e<- extent(xmin(x), xmax(x), yFromRow(x, bs$row[i]+bs$nrows[i]-1) -
0.5 * yres(x), yFromRow(x, bs$row[i])+0.5 * yres(x))
     n <- cellsFromExtent(x,e)
     v <- (getValues(x, bs$row[i], bs$nrows[i]))/10000
     v<-as.data.frame(v)
     v<- as.data.frame(cbind(n,v))
   }
   return(v)