[R-sig-Geo] Repeat columns and rows of matrix

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri May 9 14:59:47 CEST 2014

If this question is related to an earlier one (LM tests for spatial panel
data), I don't think that the correct expansion of W for T=2 is:

W W
W W

but rather

W 0
0 W

so a Kronecker product of W and diag(T). Here the output is sparse, and
with T=9 and N=1K, this may be important, especially if W is sparse too.
However, we don't know. So for now we need

M <- matrix(1, nrow=9, ncol=9)
W9 <- kronecker(W, M)

which answers the apparent question. However, I don't think that it was
the intention.

Roger