[R-sig-Geo] Spatial auto-correlation globally (sphere)

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 24 07:20:53 CET 2014

Thanks it looks like cshapes might be exactly what I was looking for and
more. I thought I knew what most of the Spatial packages were for,
clearly there are still a few more to wander through. It's odd that the
Task View pages don't have the same short description lines next to
packages the way the normal package list on the website does.

I think I was leaning towards polygons, I wasn't sure since the wrapping
of the dateline was the bigger problem to solve in my mind.
Cshapes has an interesting way of doing that where they look for the
nearest 2 nodes that make up the borders rather than directly testing
polygons or line edges. So it's really all points then.

The reason for the package is actually quite similar what I planned to
do with it so that paper you linked is very useful.

Thanks,
Alex