[R-sig-Geo] how to use the jouncount.test for spatial autocorrelation test

Archer_xy speedness at foxmail.com
Mon Mar 17 08:11:59 CET 2014

I want to test a species' presence / absence records for spatial
autocorrelation. My data contain >130,000 grids in GIS and with about 700
species' presence records.

I have read that the normal Moran's I can't deal with this kind of data, but
that the join count method in package spdep can do it. However, I'm new to R
and I still can't understand the information and code in the help for
joincount.mc or joincount.test.

My data is like this:

 gridnumber  species
     1                 1
     2                 0
     3                 0
     4                 1
     ……
 I know how to read a shp.file into R and I know I must calculate the weight
of my data, but the following steps with spdep is beyond my ability.

Any advice in code will be very appreciated.