[R-sig-Geo] R raster object -> an ArcGIS readable format

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 3 20:05:05 CET 2014

On 03/03/2014 10:32 AM, Antonio Rodriges wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> What are the ways to export a raster R object to a format that ArcGIS
> will readily read? Can anyone suggest any code?
>
> Thank you

If we're talking about the Raster package then.
writeRaster()

See pg 200 in the help file
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/raster/raster.pdf for writeFormats()

Depending on how many bands I find geotiff to be a decent format but
most formats on the list are readable by Arc.

Otherwise if you need additional formats or are just using the sp
package see the rgdal package for export options.

Enjoy,
Alex